Monday, April 6, 2015

Railrunner 10 Miler Review

Hey guys! I hope you all had a good weekend.
Racing season has begun! I'm so excited!

On March 21st, I ran the Railrunner 10 Miler. I know that was a couple weeks ago and I'm just now reviewing it, but I've been busy. What else is new right!?

I won a free registration to this race, and it was originally scheduled to be on March 7th, but Mother Nature had some other ideas, and hence it ended up being rescheduled for one week before Run the Bluegrass. Since I now had back to back weekend races, I pretty quickly decided to use this race as an 'easy' training run.

Fortunately, we ended up with some beautiful weather on race day. It was a little chilly, but the sun was shining and I couldn't have asked for a nicer day.



The race took place on the RJ Corman property in Nicholasville, KY. It is a beautiful course that allows you to run on an airplane runway. I didn't have any real goals for this race other than to just enjoy the day and finish under 2 hours. 















The race started at 9 am and from the beginning, I took it slow and enjoyed the scenery. I ran this race 2 years ago, and one of the only things I remembered was how long the runway felt. And...just like 2 years ago, the runway took forever! It's well over a mile, and completely flat. Kind of boring, really.
 I kept a consistent pace throughout, and managed to squeak by just under 2 hours, 1:59:03. At the finish line, I received my medal and got some home made banana ice cream! So delicious!


After getting some food and water, I packed up and headed home, so I could rest and recover for Run the Bluegrass. 

Not a whole lot to report on this one, but I did enjoy it and it ended up being a useful training run. So, kudos for that!

I hope you all had a Happy Easter, and enjoy the coming week! Hopefully, I'll have my review of Run the Bluegrass done soon. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment