Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Year in Review-The Top Ten of 2013

So here we are at the end of the year. It's hard to believe how fast it has gone by. It seems like just yesterday I was debating on whether or not I should attempt a full marathon. As I look back on what I've accomplished this year, I figured I would do a little "Top Ten of 2013" as a sort of countdown, New Year's Eve Style.

Before I get started with that, I just want to thank all my friends and family for their support this past year. Marathon training made me a little crazy at times and I definitely wasn't always on my best behavior (i.e. I was tired and rungry all the time...and then there was also the times when I was just plain rangry; and don't forget about the taper madness.). 

Ok, moving on. I ran my final run of 2013 this morning. It was nice to get out there and get in a few more miles before the end of the year.

I finished the year with 759.8 total miles! That's almost 260 miles more than last year! I'm hoping to match that total next year, but who knows what the New Year will bring.

Here's my Top Ten of Running in 2013:

10. Registered for the Chicago Marathon

9. Completed my second year as a member of Team Beef of Kentucky.
 

8. Ran my 3rd Half Marathon, Run the Bluegrass.

 
7. Starting my blog. I may not be a great blogger, but I like having a record of my training experience.

6. Becoming involved with the local running community and the Lex Run Ladies. Running friends are great!
 

5. Finding new running routes. 

4. New Running shoes. I love my Brooks!

3. A new 10k PR at the Bluegrass 10k!

2. 759.8 total miles! Wow

1. Crossing the finish line at the Chicago Marathon with my family there to support me!
 

What a great year! It went by so fast! May God bless you all in the New Year!
 

 
 
CHEERS!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment