Monday, February 16, 2015

President's Day with Snow (lots of snow)!

Happy President's Day! I hope you all are somewhere safe and warm! 
Here in Georgetown, we are under a winter weather alert! We've got 6 inches of snow on the ground, and lots more coming!


Thankfully, I was not scheduled to work today. I did have a dentist appointment, but I got a call that it was cancelled early this morning. I can't say that I was too disappointed about that. Today is a great day to just stay home and binge watch some shows on Netflix.

No running today, but I did get in a good strength workout! Thanks Jillian!

So, last time, I mentioned that I signed up for 2 half marathons. Well, as luck would have it, that same day, I won a free race registration from 3 Way Racing for running 5+ miles and picking the correct winner of the Super Bowl. I'm now signed up for the Railrunner 10 Miler! Woo Hoo!


And...I've officially made it halfway through The Whole30. I thought it was going to be incredibly challenging, and I figured I'd be struggling, but it hasn't been too bad. It does take some meal planning though, and I'm still working on what to eat and how to fuel for my long training runs.

Here are some of my favorites that keep to the plan.

And I know, you're not supposed to weigh yourself during this time, because the plan is about more than weightloss, but I couldn't resist.

Here's day 1 vs day 15! 
Just about 8 pounds gone! In two weeks! Wow! 

Seeing this keeps me motivated to keep going. Plus, I feel great! I don't have the same sweet cravings that I had before. So yeah, I'm loving this!

Anyway, I hope you all have a great week! Stay safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment