Sunday, February 1, 2015

Time to Catch Up and I'm Starting the #Whole30 Today!

Hey guys! How have you been? Sorry I've been MIA for a few months. Some life events and the holiday season took priority to just about everything else. I'll try to fill you in as best as I can without being too long winded.
 I last left you in October, when I was completing a Run Streak of at least 1 mile per day through the entire month. Well, you'll be happy to know that I completed that challenge. I also had a "secret" that I would reveal later (I'm sure you were all on the edge of your seats. Lol). I can now reveal that I am a returning Pace Team member for the Run The Bluegrass Half Marathon, March 28th, 2015!  Yay!

On October 10th, my little guy turned 4! I can't believe it! He's turned into such a sweet, smart, and energetic little boy! I love him to pieces!


So, here's where things got a little crazy at the end of 2014. Sadly, my Grandmother passed away on Friday October 24th; she was 99.

That same night, I was scheduled to run the Black Cat Chase 5k. Emotionally exhausted from the day, I drove to Frankfort to give it a shot. I gave it everything I had, thinking of my Grandma the whole way. She was definitely one of the kindest people you could ever meet. I was fortunate to spend so much time with her and my Grandpa while growing up. Even though my finish time was unimportant, I ran my second fastest 5k.

On Thanksgiving Day, I ran the Thouroughbred Classic 5k. I always like to get a good run in before making/eating a big meal! 

On Black Friday, I bought a new running watch. The Polar M400! I really like it! I may have to do a review of it later.

After Thanksgiving, the rest of the year flew by. Since I have family in Kentucky and Wisconsin, Christmas kind of spilled over into the first 2 weeks of January when I finally got a chance to go home.

Here's some photos from Christmas in KY and WI:

Santa was really good to us this year!

This was an awesome show!

Sisters!



Go Badgers!

Sisters' night out! 


Great present from Lauren!




West Sixth Brewery-Lexington


Now that things have settled down a bit, I can finally focus on my health, nutrition and running. As much as I hate to say it, all these things suffered the last few months and it's time to get it under control! 
Along with Run The Bluegrass, I recently signed up for the Kentucky Derby Festival miniMarathon and the Columbus Half Marathon! So, I've got some training to do!

And, today marks Day 1 of the Whole30 plan!

You can read about it here. Basically, it's a system reset, eliminating sugar, alcohol, processed foods, dairy, legumes and some other foods for 30 days. It emphasizes protein, veggies, and fruit. I am hoping to eliminate my sugar cravings and just eat healthier. I also recorded my starting weight and took my measurements and plan to do so at the end of the 30 days.

So...that's basically what's been going on. What have you been up to?

Today is Super Bowl Sunday. The Seahawks vs The Patriots. I like Russell Wilson, but I think the Patriots win this one. Honestly, I'm still kinda bummed about the NFC championship game.


 Who are you cheering for? 
Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment