Sunday, December 15, 2013

10 Days Until Christmas!?

Wow! I'm not sure where the time has gone, but it's already the fifteenth!
I haven't been very good about updating my blog lately, but with the holidays coming up, I've been busy and let the whole blog thing slide for a little bit. Truthfully, I just haven't had much to write about. I'll give you a brief run down of the past week. It has been pretty uneventful, but that's probably a good thing!
Last weekend the weather was crummy and I didn't run at all. Good thing I'm not training for anything, otherwise I'd probably beat myself up for that. I did get a few short runs in this week; there's not much to tell there either. All three runs could be summed up in a few words. It was dark, cold, and my toes were numb. The end. Speaking of cold toes, I've really got to find some warmer running socks, my poor little toes have been freezing! I've been told that Smartwool has the best winter socks, but they're pricey, but I may just have to get some anyway. I hear they make great stocking stuffers too...hint hint ;)
I planned on a group run yesterday morning, but it was cancelled. So I ended up torturing myself with a fitness DVD.



I love Jillian's workouts! They are brutal, but I feel so great afterward!

I've also been attempting to follow along with a 25 Day Fitness Challenge from Monica at Run Eat Repeat. She's one of my favorite running bloggers. Today's challenge was to hold a plank 20 seconds longer than I did on day 1. 

Success! 

                  Day 1                                Day 8                        Day 15

I did make it out the door today for 4 solo miles after church. It was pretty windy but overall it was an enjoyable run. I've still been listening to podcasts instead of music. It definitely takes my mind off the run and makes the time fly by. 




Well, I guess that's all folks! Hopefully, I'll be more consistent with the blogging and the running for the next few weeks. I'm 13 miles away from 750 for 2013, so that's my goal for the rest of the year!

Have you finished your Christmas shopping yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment