Wednesday, June 11, 2014

I'm a VIP!

Hey guys! I hope you all have had a good week! For me, it's been busy, but pretty good in general. Although, I did come home twice this week to a giant, disgusting mess left by my dog. Gross! But no one wants to hear about that. 

So, just when I think I'm settling down and I am only running some 5ks here and there...this happens.
The Madison Mini Marathon had posted a photo contest last week, June 4th, on National Running Day. Anyone who wanted to enter, was to share a post run selfie. The winner, would get a free upgrade on their registration to VIP status. This gets you the whole race experience, plus a special area pre and post race with special perks like food and coffee before the race and after the race, grilled brats and beer! I figured I may as well share a photo just for fun. I hadn't even signed up for the race, and never thought that I would be chosen. 

This is the photo I shared. But really, who wouldn't pick that cute little boy!?
Well, out of the six photos that were shared, they did choose my photo and I decided to go ahead and sign up for the race! I'm super excited about this race as it's been on my radar for a couple of years. I love Madison and I'm pumped to be running a half in Wisconsin! There's also a kids race and I think I'm going to sign Liam up to run it. I know he'd have a blast running with mommy and Bucky Badger!
It's already 2 weeks into my standard 12 week training plan, but I'm ready to start ramping up my mileage again. This is going to be so much fun!

In other news, today is Friday the 13th and there's a full moon. Crazy, right!? I'm not really superstitious, are you?



Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment