Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Last "Long" Run Until Raceday

Saturday was a rest day, so I rested by getting up early and taking my buddy to Breakfast with the Works at Keeneland. It was a beautiful morning to be outside too.
We watched the early morning workouts while eating breakfast trackside. So much fun! They have lots of kids activites too.



After spending the morning at the track, I picked up some groceries and spent the rest of the day lounging around in my pjs. 

Fast forward to Sunday. Exactly one week from race day. I did my last "long" run today. 8 miles. Only 8 miles. I remember training for my first half marathon and running 8 miles as a training run. At the time it seemed like such a long run, and I remember being totally wiped out the rest of the day. Now, I say things like "only 8 miles" as if it's nothing. Not to mention that I feel as though I haven't exerted myself very much today either. I guess that's a good thing since next week I'll be completing 26.2. 

Now that it's race week, I'll be focusing on getting my bags packed and double checking everything so I don't forget anything important! 

Well, it's football Sunday, so time to watch some games! Go Pack Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment