Wednesday, October 2, 2013

September Highlights and October Goals

September was a blur and with completing 131 miles it's no wonder I've been so tired. Waking up at 4:00am to squeeze in 8-9 miles before work may have had something to do with it too (just a thought). A lot of positive things came out of September. I completed my first 20 mile training run, remained injury free (some minor aches and pains, but no biggie), bought new shoes, ate some really tasty donuts, and had fun in the process. I'm so thankful for the help and support I've had through this crazy month from friends and family. Thanks mom, you're the best!

My favorite month is here! I love October. Everything happens now, birthdays, anniversaries, Keeneland Racetrack begins their fall meet, and my favorite holiday, Halloween! Halloween means candy and my total loss of will power. Brach's Mellowcreme Pumpkins...that is all (I have a problem). 



I could go on and on about why I love October and why fall is my favorite season, but right now my focus is solely on race day. We'll discuss my love of all things fall at a later date.

October Goals:
 
1. Stay Positive
2. Rest and trust my training during the taper (trying really hard not to stress over every detail)
3. Continue to eat healthy and stay hydrated
4. Pack all the essentials for race day
5. Enjoy the experience
6. Schedule post-marathon massage and pedicure (my poor little feet have taken a beating)

I'm especially looking forward to the massage! I've never had one before, but I imagine that it's delightful!

No comments:

Post a Comment