Saturday, March 1, 2014

I Missed a Week of Training, So What!?

Last Saturday, I ran 8 miles. I wasn't really feeling the best, but I figured it just was because I had donated blood a week earlier. It wasn't until Sunday that I realized I had the plague. Enter in fever, chills, hot flashes and lungs full of crap. So now it's supposed to be my long run day and here I am parked on the couch with a box of tissues and a cup of coffee catching up on The Walking Dead. I'm not going to lie, it's really making me anxious that I haven't run or excercised in a whole week, but I know rest is the best thing for me right now and I also know that missing a run here and there isn't going to kill me either. Hopefully, I'll be back in action soon. 

So, what have I been doing since I haven't been running. Oh, I've been thinking about running, reading about running, looking at races I can sign up for and wishing that I was running. I think that about covers it. 
Actually, I've finally signed up for a 5k. I won a free entry for the Run for the Nun 5k in May.


There's another race I'm thinking about doing in June. It's called the Bourbon Derby. There's a 5k, 10 mile and 1/2 marathon option. The 10 mile and 1/2 courses travel through two local horse farms, which is totally awesome because the farms in this area are amazing! I just don't know if I can keep training through June, plus if it's real hot, the end of the race could be miserable. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, but it sounds fun!
Ha! See what I mean, I can't stop thinking about running. I'll spare you from any more rambling and daydreaming for now.
I'll leave you with some running humor.


Have a great weekend friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment