Sunday, February 23, 2014

Spring is Just Around the Corner!

The Polar Vortex is really getting on my nerves! I can only handle so much cold and snow. I'm from Wisconsin, so I like the cold and snow a little bit, but this year has been crazy.
Yesterday, we got a little taste of spring as the high was in the 60s!

Finally!



I made it outside for a nice long run of 8 miles. I met with the Run the Bluegrass training group and we ran on the Brighton Rail Trail to Deerhaven on a nice out and back path. It was a beautiful day and I was so thankful to be outside.


I've been feeling a little lethargic since donating blood last weekend, but I'm really happy that I was able to get in 8 miles at my regular long run pace! I think I started off a little faster than I should have, but in the end I had a great run.





It was finally nice enough outside that I even wanted some post long run froyo! My favorite!




I can't wait for warmer temps to stay permanently! 

Enjoy your weekend friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment