Tuesday, September 17, 2013

10 Mile Tuesday

Well, it's finally here. The last week before the taper. I've got 40 miles scheduled for the week, with the big 20 miler set for Sunday morning. Eek! 
My plan calls for 5 miles today, but since I have off today and it's perfect running weather, I decided to run 10 miles today instead of tomorrow. This also saves me from getting up at 4 am to try and squeeze in 10 miles before work. When I say perfect weather, I really mean perfect weather! Sunny, 57 degrees, and no humidity. I couldn't ask for a better day!

I decided to run at the Legacy Trail since I haven't been out there for awhile. I used to do all my long runs out there and I've been missing it lately.

I brought my running buddy with me this morning. He's a 9 year old German Shorthaired Pointer named Gunther. I rarely run with him, but he's got so much energy 10 miles is no problem for him. Wish I could say the same for myself.

It was a beautiful day on the trail! 


I made it all 10 miles and felt great up to mile 7. My left hip started to tighten up, but now that I'm home and all stretched out, it feels fine.

My normal post run treat would be some froyo, but today I got a Reuben Grinder from Mancino's! Yummy! I mean, who doesn't like toasted bread and cheese!?

I think I'll be relaxing the rest of the day and sippin' on my favorite iced coffee!


Happy Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment