Sunday, September 1, 2013

August Highlights and September Goals

I've been procrastinating writing this post all day. So here it is, finally. All in all, August was great. I had a wonderful, much needed vacation with my family. I had 2 long runs that were further than half marathon distance (15 and 16 miles), and I continued running with the LexRunLadies. Everything was going great, until this last week. August really ended on a sour note.
It all started on my 16 mile run last Saturday. About 10 miles into my run, I felt a twinge of pain in the arch of my left foot. I didn't think much of it since the pain stopped almost immediately. I made sure to ice it when I got home, but that didn't stop the pain from coming back for the next 2 days. the pain was gone Tuesday, so I knocked out an 8 mile run. I rested the next few days and did an easy 2 miles on Friday. All was well, or so I thought. Saturday I was scheduled to run 12 miles and I ran 8.6. Why? Because I am a complete klutz and I totally face planted 6 miles into my run. Ouchie. My hands and knees took the brunt of the impact. I managed to make it another 2.5 miles with some walking/running. Fortunately, I suffered no major injuries other than some scrapes and a bruised ego bruises.
So here is August in a nutshell. I ran 108 of 130 scheduled miles, I had my first month of 100+ miles, I had 2 distance PR's, had a great vacation, and fell on my face in front of a group of people. Yay! On to September!
I'm ready to regroup and start the month out fresh.


The Chicago Marathon is 6 weeks from today! 6 weeks! Yikes! My training plan has 159 miles on the schedule including an 18 and 20 mile run.

September Goals:

  1. Have fun and stay positive
  2. Train consistently
  3. Eat healthy and drink plenty of water
  4. Get enough rest/sleep
  5. Stop falling on my face
  6. Buy a 2nd pair of running shoes (still haven't done this, but I'm working on it)

No comments:

Post a Comment