Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Schedule Change: 8 Mile Tuesday

So, my work schedule has changed a little bit for the next month. I'm working weekends and have off Monday and Tuesday. My changing work schedule kind of messes with my training schedule. Working weekends means no long runs on Saturdays which also means no long runs with my running group. A month and a half away from the marathon...great (said with an incredibly sarcastic tone). I don't adapt well to change, but I'm going to do my best to figure it all out. I'm trying not to be pessimistic, but the thought of running a 20 miler solo sucks!
Ok, ok, enough complaining and rambling...back to my original point of this post. I normally run, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday, with a longish midweek run on Wednesday and a long long run on Saturday. I'm trying to stick to the same plan, but with subtle changes. Like today for instance, I'm running 8 miles on Tuesday instead of Wednesday. So there's one positive to having off on a Tuesday, I don't have to run 8 miles before going to work. Extra sleep! Yes!


And I got to watch the sunrise during my run instead of running in the darkness.

AND, I got to eat IHOP afterwards too! Sooooo rungry! Yay for food!
 
Sometimes, I have to remind myself of the positives, even when I'm tired, stressed, and anxious about my training. I have 6 1/2 weeks left, and sometimes I find it hard to deviate from my original plan. In the end, I know it won't matter if I do my long run on a Saturday, or a Monday as long as I get it done. The main thing is consistency and a positive attitude.

                                 "Always look on the bright side of life" Monty Python style.
 
So laugh, dance, smile, and sing! Happy running!
P.S. I love Spamalot!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment