Sunday, August 18, 2013

Up North: Vacation Recap

This past week of vacation was great. It was nice to be off of work for a week and to spend time with my family. I don't get to see my parents and sisters very often, so it's really a blessing to spend this time with them.
We stayed at a cottage on Clear Lake in Minocqua, WI. Minocqua itself is a very touristy city, but the place that we stayed is very secluded. In fact, we basically had the lake to ourselves for most of the week!

I had 29 miles on the schedule this week and I completed all of them including my longest run yet, a 15 miler. I was able to go to bed early and sleep in most days, which was fantastic! Going back to work is going to be rough...may need to set a few extra alarms! The best part of the training was being able to run on the trails in the shade, with lower temps and zero humidity. 

Sadly, my week is already over, and I definitely have no desire to go back to work in the morning. Yuck! 

I leave you with a picture summary of my vacation.
 
Clear Lake
 
 
  Black Bear Bar

Pizza Fry, delicious!


Baking cookies

Bearskin Trail, Minocqua, WI





Post Run Fudge

 
Making fudge


And Iced Coffee

Campfire time!

 
Fishing

                                    Bald Eagle
 

                                   Bald Eagle snatching fish out of the water.

                                    Sisters
 
                          Boat Rides
 
Prairie Trail, Fond du Lac, WI

 Lakeside Park, Fond du Lac, WI
 
   One last vacation drink!
 
Can't wait till next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment