Saturday, August 24, 2013

In the Long (Long) Run

It's long long run day! Let's face it, any run over 10 miles deserves 2 longs. The schedule called for 16 miles today. Once again I met with the LexRunLadies in Midway to run the Iron Horse Half Marathon course. I started early and got in a couple miles before meeting Krissie and some of the other Ladies. It was a great way to start my weekend. Midway is a very scenic place to run. I love running by all the horse farms and I love the smell of alfalfa hay in the morning. It takes me back to the good old days.

 
I think I ran mile 13 at least 2 or 3 times. It started feeling a little bit like "The Run Song That Never Ends". It went on and my friends. Sometimes you think of the craziest things during the long long runs. I must do my best thinking out on the road!
 
I plan to lounge around the rest of the day...maybe get some froyo. Mmmm, froyo. Ok, gotta go! Have a great weekend friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment