Saturday, August 3, 2013

Almost Halfway...But Not Quite

I ran 13 miles this morning with the LexRunLadies out at the Legacy Trail. It was a great run until I got to mile 9. It was already humid, but it started getting really hot when the sun came out from behind the clouds. At this point I was really thankful that I had started earlier on my own before sunrise. I had water with me, but my legs started getting angry with me and I needed to walk a little ways.  I'm pretty sure I sweat off at least 4 pounds. I was so thirsty when I made it back to the car. Overall, it was a good run. I did 13 miles in about 2 1/2 hours even with the walking breaks.
While driving home, I just kept thinking, "13 miles, that's not even halfway!". I can't believe that I'm going to have to more than double that distance in a couple months! 10/13/13!

 

Now, I feel like I could eat everything! Definitely have a case of the rungries going on! I've already had 2 breakfasts today. First was an almond butter sandwich and a banana pre-run. Second was 2 eggs and 2 waffles, washed down with a huge iced coffee!

I'm still hungry! I must eat as much as a growing teenage boy, except I'm not growing. Well, I hope I'm not growing. 
 I think I see frozen yogurt in the near future! Yep, there it is!

What's your favorite flavor of froyo? I like strawberry banana! Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment