Thursday, August 8, 2013

Enough With the Humidity Already

So, I really wish that small furry creatures would stop jumping out and scaring me on my early morning runs. In the last few days I've been startled by several bunnies, cats, and an opossum. This morning, I jumped when a bunny shot in front of me. Yesterday, I screamed loudly like a little girl when a cat suddenly jumped in my path. Well, I think it was a cat. It was so dark, I'm not really sure what it was. I'm really thinking I need to invest in a pair of knuckle lights so I can see while running in the dark.
                                    Really, who wants to run into this on a dark street!?

Not to sound like a broken record, but it was so humid again this morning. It's like a slap in the face when you get out the door. I made it through my 4 miles this morning and felt awful about all 4 of them. Mile 4 was the best since it started raining and it felt a little better. So far I've gotten in 13 of 24 miles this week and I'm so glad is a rest day.

I always think of the movie "Throw Mama From the Train" when I run in humid weather.
 "The night was sultry". Ok, ok, I run in the morning, but you get the idea.
 
One more work day till vacation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment