Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Something New

Now that I've run 13 miles, this is the part of my training where I usually take a short break. Not this time! It only gets more intense from here on out. I've got 24 miles scheduled for this week, and 29 for the following week.

I was really dreading this morning's run. My legs were so sore and tired after my last long run. I got up and got out there anyway for 3 miles.  The first 2 weren't awful, I was just really slow. Like this is the slowest I've run 3 miles in a long time. The good thing is that I feel great about my run in general. My legs finally felt back to normal by the last mile and I was back to my normal pace. I'm glad to have that run out of the way. Now I can focus on the last half of my training.



I'm trying something new this week. Instead of listening to my usual worn out playlist, I'm going to try out different podcasts. This morning, I listened to The Jillian Michaels Show. Anyone who knows me, knows that I love her on The Biggest Loser and am a big fan of her methods. I also own several of her workout DVDs. I guess I like to torture myself, but in a good way!
 

You can listen to, download, and subscribe to it here. Anyway, it made my run seem so easy this morning. I was totally focused on the show and the time just flew by. I'll definitely be listening to more podcasts in the future, especially for the long long runs!

On a side note. This creamer is awesome! I love Thin Mints Girl Scout Cookies!


No comments:

Post a Comment