The start of a new month means I get to start fresh and renew my goals. I have 130 miles on the schedule this month. Yikes! I also will have my first training runs that are longer than half marathon distance. This is a little frightening to me at the moment. I know I can and will do it, but it's still a little overwhelming. I'm most excited for my vacation mid-month. I'll be going Up North. For all of us Wisconsinites we know that Up North is not an exact location, it's basically an atmosphere. Set in the north woods of Wisconsin surrounded by Pine and Birch trees, cabins on the most crystal clear freshwater lakes you've ever seen. Swimming, fishing, relaxing...I CAN'T WAIT!
- Have fun (It's not worth it, if it's not fun)
- Train consistently
- Eat healthy and drink plenty of water
- Quit eating so much candy (My afternoon candy craving is out of control!)
- Update my playlist or find a podcast to listen to during long runs
- Get enough rest/sleep
- Buy a 2nd pair of running shoes (not really a goal, but I'm going to need to break some in before the marathon)