Thursday, September 5, 2013

Marathon Training: Good Days and Bad Days

Today was a bad day. Not bad all around, just a bad training day. I ran five miles and it was awful. Good grief! The whole 5 miles was completely miserable.  I didn't even really enjoy my post run breakfast and iced coffee, and that's the whole reason I run! The only redeeming factor was that I finished what I set out to do.
Yesterday, I ran 9 miles and felt fantastic the whole way. Today, I ran 5 and I totally bombed. I know some days are good and some days are bad, but today I just kept thinking 'this totally sucks!'.
It's days like today that I need a little reminder about why I am doing this. Plain and simple, I love running. I love the good runs, the bad runs, and everything in between. I love my running life!


  • "Every day is a good day when you run." 
    -Kevin Nelson


    Friday is a rest day (thank goodness) and I've got 18 miles on the schedule for Saturday! Yikes! Wish I could sleep till then ;)

    Have a good Friday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment