Thursday, September 26, 2013

Time to Taper and New Shoes!



Well, I made it to the taper! Months of training completed and just over 2 weeks till race day! Let me just say, I have been exhausted this week after doing 20 miles on Sunday. Monday was bad, but Tuesday was even worse. Soooo tired. It wasn't until Wednesday that I started feeling back to normal. Needless to say, my scheduled runs suffered this week. Tuesday, I did 3 instead of 4. I just couldn't do any more. I was done. The fatigue continued Wednesday morning when I did 5 instead of 8. I was upset about it for all of 5 minutes and then I just figured that I needed the extra rest. This morning was the best of the week. I did 4 of 4 and I felt good afterwards.

Aaaand, I finally got my new shoes! Yippee!
They are the Brooks Ravenna 4s


I wore them for Wednesday and today's runs. I'm really liking them so far. Yay! I've got my marathon shoes!



Even though I made to taper week and got new shoes, this was the highlight of my week!


Liam's project this week in daycare was to tell a story and draw a picture! So naturally Liam has a story about running :)
And the picture is of Liam and Mommy running together! I'm so proud! Of course he'll be so much faster than me once he grows up! It's already hard to keep up with him and he's only 2 1/2!

 
I was going to get in bed early tonight, but I'll be staying up to watch the season premiere of Glee! Good thing tomorrow is a rest day!

No comments:

Post a Comment