Saturday, November 2, 2013

New Month New Goals

With the marathon behind me, I'm starting a new training plan. It's the get faster plan...I know that's not really a specific plan, but it's all I've got at the moment. For the time being, I'm scaling things down a bit and I'm focusing on shorter distance races, mostly 5ks and maybe 10ks. My goal at this point is to complete a 5k in under 30 minutes.
My weekly plan includes 4 days of running; two of those days will include speed work (intervals and tempo runs). I am also going to work some yoga and strength training into the mix.

So, this morning my plan called for 4 easy miles. 


It felt great to get out there and run this morning. I've been thinking about running all week and how much I love fall weather. 
On a side note, I made it through the whole day yesterday without eating any candy. Go me! Here's to day number 2!

No touching!

No comments:

Post a Comment