Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Running in the Cold

Winter is coming (yes, I've been reading "Game of Thrones"). It's mid November, but the last two mornings have been bitter cold! Clearly, winter and colder temps are coming to stay.

Yesterday morning there was snow! 

This morning it was freezing, but the skies were clear and I saw a shooting star as soon as I stepped outside.


Even though the temperatures have dropped, I still have gone running outside. I could get a gym membership and hit the treadmill, but honestly I'd rather run outside in the cold. Maybe that's crazy, but treadmills just aren't for me. 

I did realize this morning, that I may need to find some lined running pants or tights because my legs were freezing and bright red once I got done.  Or maybe I'm just a wuss, either way, I'd rather be comfortable.

The best part about running in the cold, is the hot coffee and warm breakfast that I get afterwards.

I've been really enjoying my oatmeal, banana, and peanut butter combo. Yum


I came across an article from 110% today that gives tips about Running in the Cold. The timing of this article comes at the perfect time considering how the temperatures have dipped below freezing!

Happy Hump Day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment