Friday, November 1, 2013

October Highlights and November Goals

October was an amazing month! Once again, I am reminded why it's my favorite! Besides celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, and having fun on Halloween, I ran a marathon! It still hasn't really sunk in yet. It's almost like it wasn't real. But it was real, I've
 got the photos and the medal to prove it. October was a somewhat stressful month, but in the end it was completely worth it.
Yesterday was Halloween. Kids dressed up, candy, decorations, and scary movies! I love it!

Arrg! My favorite lil' pirate!

Trick or treat was supposed to be on the 31st, but there were weather concerns so they moved it to tonight. I can't wait!

Boo!

Now that it's November, I've been thinking about what my running plan will be. So far, I've decided to focus my attention on shorter distances for awhile and work on my speed. A week ago, I ran the Black Cat Chase 5k in 31:16, so I figure that is my new starting point. In a few weeks I'll be running another 5k, and attempt to beat that time.

So here they are, my November goals.

1. Run the Thoroughbred Classic and finish under 31:16
2. Train consistently, running 3-4 days per week
3. Add in yoga and cross training 1-2 days per week
4. Strength training 1-2 days per week
5. Clean up my diet. Yikes! It's been atrocious! No. More. Candy

The whole no more candy thing is going to be rough, considering the fact that my house is full of Halloween candy, plus Thanksgiving and Christmas are quickly approaching. It may be a lost cause, but I can try right!? Since I have zero willpower, please don't offer me any candy, donuts, cake, and any other sweets, ok? Great, I'm glad we understand each other.
Happy November!

No comments:

Post a Comment