Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Brrrr...It's a Tad Bit Chilly

Saying it's cold outside would be an understatement! Thanks to this wonderful thing called a Polar Vortex, the temperature has been crazy cold. Like you step outside and it takes your breath away kind of cold.

Actual temperature was -2, but check out that windchill!

Knowing what the temperature was going to be this morning, I had planned on skipping my run. Fortunately an opportunity came up, and I was able to use  a treadmill at BodyFit Punch. They have Woodway Treadmills which are really cool because they have Slat Belt running surface. I have never used these before and was really excited to get to try one. 



The treadmill operates just like any other, but you can really feel a difference once you get going. I don't normally like running on the dreadmill, but this was great! What a smooth ride! I got in 3.5 miles and since I was able, I did a tempo run to break up the monotony. In a tempo run, you basically start slow, warming up for 10-15 minutes and then slowly speed up to a comfortably hard pace for 10-15 minutes, then you slow down to your slow pace for the remainder of your run.

The only downside to my run this morning was that my time slot was 5:00-6:00am. So I had to leave my house by 4:30 this morning! Yikes! But that's ok, 'cause my best friend came through for me today! Thanks coffee!


*Today's post was made possible by caffeinated coffee!







No comments:

Post a Comment