I began 2014 in the same way I began 2013, with a run. I couldn't think of a better way to get this year going, than by doing my favorite thing! It was a little chilly, but what a beautiful morning!
I've been thinking a lot about where my training is going for 2014. Last year, my goal was to complete a full marathon...mission accomplished. This year, I've got some other ideas in mind.
Marathon training was rough. I gained weight, and got slower; not a great combination. So in 2014, I want to lose weight and get faster.
There was a time, that I was really diligent about keeping a food journal. That just totally went out the window once I was running 30-40 miles per week. I started recording everything today, and I want to keep that going as long as I can.
So here are some of my New Years Resolutions:
1. Lose 15 pounds
2. Log everything I eat in my food journal
(I like the My Fitness Pal app)
3. Follow the weekly training plan that I created.
4. Drink more water (I always fail when it comes to hydration. This year will be better)
5. Weigh in every Wednesday
Starting weight 1/1/2014
6. Get a pedicure
7. Get faster. I'm still shooting for running a 5k in under 30 minutes. My PR is 30:15, but my most recent time is 32:02, so I've got my work cut out for me.
8. Continue running with a group-I love the running community
9. Sign up for a race. I feel kind of lost without a race on the horizon.
10. I'm leaving this one blank for all the goals I'm forgetting at the moment.
What are your goals/resolutions for 2014?