Sunday, January 19, 2014

Good News and Bad News

Well, what do you want first, the good news or the bad news?
 I'm going to start with the bad news and just get it over with. Thursday, I began my vacation and traveled from Kentucky to Wisconsin with my son, Liam and my sister, Leslie. This was the longest trip of my life.  I've been making this trek for years and the average travel time is about 9 hours; Thursdays trip was 16 1/2 hours! The day started out like any other, but 3 hours into the drive it began snowing and the wind really began to pick up! In minutes, the roads went from being clear to being treacherous.
And then this happened:

I won't go into too much detail other than to say, we were all ok and uninjured. It was very surreal and felt like some kind of dream sequence where you're falling and you wake up just before hitting the ground. 
I've never been so thankful to arrive at home as I was this trip. I've said many prayers of thanks since the accident. At the end of the day, it's just a car. It can be replaced. 

Now for the good news. The good news is that I get to spend time with my family in Wisconsin! I love them so much and I love spending time there.

Friday, we spent the day relaxing. It was nice just to chill out and recover from the accident. 

Saturday we headed south to Madison and ate dinner at the Nitty Gritty, before heading to the Kohl Center for a Wisconsin Men's Basketball game.

The was Liam's first basketball game and he was so excited! He watched for Bucky Badger the whole game and when he finally got to meet him he was so excited!

My training sort of fell by the wayside this weekend, but I did get a couple miles in on the treadmill. I'll resume training once I get home and can get back into a routine. 

Now that I'm back home, the rest of this week will be filled with insurance claims and the search for new transportation. 
Under the circumstances, it was a great weekend and I'm so sad to have it end. I love my family so much.

Enjoy your week and drive safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment