Thursday, July 18, 2013

Heat, Humidity, and Hydration

For some reason, I totally forgot to blog yesterday. Between working full time, training for a marathon, and being a mom it's a wonder I remember anything!
Yesterday, I ran 3 slow miles instead of the 5 I had planned. Nature was calling, if you know what I mean, and I just ran out of time before I had to leave for work.
Today, I did the same. Three slow miles at an easy pace. It's been so humid in the mornings, it's hard to get anything going!  Hydration is key this time of year.  I really like my nuun hydration tabs. I bought the summer sampler pack not too long ago. It came with Lemonade, Watermelon, and Cherry Limeade. The Cherry Limeade is my favorite.


Here's a great article from Runner's World on preventing dehydration. With a lot of summer remaining, and many long hot runs on the way, I'll be following many of these tips!

Friday is a rest day, and I'll be very thankful for that. Then it's on to a 7 mile kind of weekend.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment