Saturday, July 6, 2013

Run the Bluegrass Course and Flash Flood Warnings

This morning, I met the LexRunLadies at Keeneland on the Run the Bluegrass course.

I was scheduled for a 9 mile run, but with all the rain and the flood warnings coupled with a race 2 days ago, I wasn't sure I'd make it all 9 miles. I had planned to run the 7.5 mile loop (Rookie's Run) and go from there; but I was seriously considering bailing out and running the 4 mile loop instead. Only four of us showed up to run, so we partnered up and set out for a soggy run. After stepping in some giant puzzles I was seriously contemplating my sanity and why I bothered getting out of bed this morning. Two miles in, and I was ready to call it a day. If I'd have been running alone I definitely would have only made it through the 4 mile loop. Somehow we made it all 9 miles! Must have been because we got lost took the scenic route. Nothing made me happier than getting out of the rain and into my car!

This was waiting for me when I got home! Yum! Thanks Wanda!

Now it's time for R.I.C.E. (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation and Iced Coffee and Advil 😉)

No comments:

Post a Comment