Monday, July 22, 2013

Rest, Yoga, and Pumpkin Butter

After the last few weeks I'm done with the warm, humid weather and I'm ready for cooler temperatures. It's just so hard to train during the summer, but I guess I'll be thankful for the cooler temps during the marathon, I hope anyways (fingers crossed). I've just got to remember to enjoy the journey. It may be a once in a lifetime thing.
For breakfast I had cream cheese and the pumpkin butter I bought yesterday on a bagel thin with two eggs over easy. The pumpkin butter was a little sweeter than I expected, but really delicious! It almost tastes like a pie filling. P.S. I love cream cheese, well anything with cheese really. I am a Wisconsin girl at heart!

Mondays are typically rest days, but I felt the need to do some yoga. My legs definitely needed some extra stretching. They were pretty tight after Sunday's run. 
I'll be icing it up tonight with my compression socks on; and ready to run in the morning. I've got a big week coming up. My schedule calls for 24 miles! The most I've ever done in a week is 22. I'll have to see how I'm feeling and go from there. It's going to be tough!

No comments:

Post a Comment